The world is evolving with modern Facility Management. The demographic and social evolution is contributing to the shift and creates a robust job for the facility manager. Every year, there are new trends that are put into consideration by the facility management. It looks like the technology is helping in expanding the boundaries of its services and amenities. It is transforming from an asset-building mechanism to facility management which decentralizes its control focusing on the outcomes of the end-user.
1. The IoT & Its Evolution: The world is getting smarter with the increasing prevalence of technology. Digital devices are now been used out of the pocket and offices. We are now using them inside our home, Building and getting them installed in several other places to make our work effectively in a smart way. They can communicate with each other through a network combined with massive intertwined. They connect and communicate by delivering sets of data.
Companies irrespective of their size are using IoT ecosystems. It is found that the smaller offices are using Amazon Echo units or some of the smart outlets. However, the larger companies have got a complete set of connected devices that are empowered with IoT.
The integration of IoT has expanded to a larger scale. The involvement of modern technology has shown a modern level of importance with technology. One day, it would come wherein the companies would be considered an anomaly if they are lacking IoT in their infrastructure.
2. Data-Driven Decision making: While we spoke about IoT we know they communicate with sets of data. This data helps the facility management to analyze the trend and can evaluate the functional requirements. The facility managers can understand the workplace more effectively with the data and can understand the requirements of the employees to perform. They extract the data and break them to analyze the trends and utilizing them for making the change effective. It is helping the organization with a smarter space utilization by optimizing the overhead costs.
3. Integrated Facilities management Systems: The implement of the integrated workplace Management System has emphasized integrated facilities management. While it has turned to be an integrated approach, the workplaces are managed as a whole. Every part of the workplace affects each other. While the workplace becomes complex, it requires the facilities management to work more effectively to work holistically by taking the data and breaking them down for decision making by analyzing its trends. It has turned out to be a new trend because it would help the management to work for a single workplace through modern technology.
4. Emphasis on employee experience : The organization requires a workplace that supports its employees and inspires them to accommodate. The workplace turns out to be more effective when it energizes the employees and excites them to work. The workstations are now days transformed to be collaborative spaces and have turned more effective for employee-centric organizations. It has turned easier for these organizations to retain their talents and attract people to work with them.
5. Focus on Flexible workspaces: The cost of workplaces in commercial places is becoming costly. This is, in turn, making the companies adopt flexible workplaces. They are utilizing hot desks and agile spaces. The workplaces are now utilized on square footage and also includes co-working space apart from the central office. Facility managers turn to be the workspace administrators with modern IWMS platforms. This is now becoming the faster used key tools leading to success.
The physical workspace now adopting flexibility and the facility managers are liable to overlook the assigned hot desks, phone booths, and other functional areas.
The education and awareness about these key trends would help the facility managers to stand at the vertex of the workplace requirement. The publications and associations related to the commercial workplaces and industry standards would be the best resources of information to learn and develop. At times, networking with the people at various conferences also helps in adopting new technologies and solutions. It is found effective while the learning curve would help the industry to stay ahead with the trends to adopt by the workplaces.