Facility Management Service providers have formed a separate industry of their own. They are actually giving a new definition to the buyer-supplier relationship.
The integrated facility management system help to strategies most of the services of an organization to achieve business goals.
The facility management services differ from company to company according to their requirements.
It can be managing plans, handling vendor contracts or dealing with emergency issues that require immediate actions.
Integrated facility management services also affect the revenue generation by providing a streamlined way to boost the performance with efficient utilization of time, resource and manpower.
Common Services Provided by Facility Manager:
- Sustainability: IMF ensures to provide the social, environmental and economic approach for the benefit of the company while considering the fact of sustainability.
- Save the time: The company outsourced the FM services to one provider, having a single point of contact that actually saves the time and helps to avoid micromanagement.
- Maintain the value of human resources: FM service provider ensures to manage the consistency and output generated by an employee at a minimum cost.
- Better Communication: By providing better communication it maintains the transparency.
- Eliminate duplicate functions: The efficient working strategy of FM services eliminates the duplicity of functions.
- More flexibility: It offers reliability, accountability, and flexibility at its best.
- Technical Advancement: Technology is changing rapidly and this development influence productivity and ultimately the growth of the company. So there is a need to monitor the changes required in this domain.IMF shows a great impact on it by looking after the mandatory replacement of the hardware and software components which encourages automation and will directly ensure to deliver good quality product at a reasonable cost.
The automation reduces the manual efforts but on the other hand, it also requires a specific skill set to deal with it because it is the era of cutting-edge competition where everyone is competing to provide best services to their customers.
- IFM majorly focuses on commercialization because advancement, innovation, and specialization make the product different from the crowd in the market that lead to the increment in its sales.
- Effective utilization of resources: IFM utilizes the available resources of the company in the best possible manner and look after the demand and cost required for the resources that are not currently available in the company.
- Team Coordination: It’s the basic responsibility of the facility management team to ensure smooth coordination among team members which is the most important factor that should be taken care of for creating a healthy environment in the workplace.
- Corporate social responsibility: IFM team also responsible to plan CSR activities for the company.
Hospital Facility Management
- Facility Management plays an important role in hospitals and healthcare facilities.
- Facility management services help to reduce the overall budget and increase customer satisfaction.
- The major role of facility providers is to offer innovative and advance solutions for maintaining the proper flow of work, managing processes, and infrastructure of a health organization.
- The services should be enough efficient that can reduce the downtime.
- Medical Facilities and hospitals must respond quickly and efficiently to service requests and decrease downtime.
Proper healthcare facility management provides the following benefits
- It helps to decrease downtime on critical assets.
- Can be beneficial for managing proper budget maintenance.
- Efficiency can be improved through it.
Following are the ways through which the facility manager should manage the budget without compromising with the quality of services that they are offering.
- A proper plan for budget
The budget should be made on the after considering all the factors which influence the performance of the services and it must include the requirement of all the departments to which these services are offered.
Patient satisfaction should be a major concern while delivering healthcare services.
- Maintain Database
Maintain a database in which the warranty details of every equipment should be mentioned because a huge amount of money spends on the repairing of equipment used in the hospitals.
It can be difficult to track which equipment that should be repaired or not according to their warranty period.
A proper database can be an effective solution for this problem that will help to keep the track of all the types of equipment and will result in efficient resource utilization.
- Try to settle the pricing agreement with dealers
Try to establish a deal with the vendors to avoid the over budget.
Equipment that you are using will require repairing also that must be included in your budget and if you discussed it with your vendor and get in writing that the price will be fixed then this would be an efficient way to avoid unexpected charges applied by the vendors at the time of maintenance of the equipment.
Yes, every facility provider is majorly concerned with the budget. But in the case of the health care sector, the safety of the patient should be the first priority of facility managers.